This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 28 January 2012

Goggle Eyed - Scrap Africa Challenge

Hi Everyone

I just love Saturdays! I can take my time getting up in the morning and lounge about with a cup of coffee, and always find time for lots of scrap booking! Nothing is rushed and that is when I can relax and have lots of inspiration.

I am really excited about the new Scrap Africa Challenge Blog and was very keen to get a layout done for this challenge. I think there is heaps of talent in South Africa and hopefully it can be showcased here.

The very first challenge and here is the sketch.

I loved Svetlana's page and also decided to do a boys page. See my offering below - Goggle Eyed


I just love this picture of Joe and think he really looks like a little cute bug! So with the bright colours of the photo's it was great to be able to use bright coloured papers and accents. I did stamping along the border and also did some splash painting with Dazzles Spray Ink. I used Doodlebug Design Apron Strings paper, Echo Park Sweet Summertime & Summer Days & Happy Days paper, and Echo Park Dots and Stripes stickers. I stamped with Hampton Art Foot Longs Stamps and used Sandy Lion stickers too.

Below are 2 close ups.



I hope you are having a relaxing Saturday afternoon and maybe are scrapping...
Have a great one.
Denise x



8 comments:

  1. Couldn't be cuter. Great page and great blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Izzy....really appreciate it and your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just super-cute..bright, cheerful and happy page..love it :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! stunning! love the embossed paper and all these colors.

    Can you please also add a link to our blog, so more readers ca find about it?

    Thank you for playing with us, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, your LO is so sunny and full of happiness! I just love all the bright colors!
    thank you very much that you joined us on Scrap Africa! I personally very glad to see you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Denise, this is really a stunning layout! I just love the bright and fun summer colours that you used. Your take on the sketch is really stunning and thank you for taking the time to take part in the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout Denise and congrats on winning the challenge ! I am a fan of bright colours myself, so this really appeals and your details are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your success with the first Scrap Africa challenge! I was happy to see another Denise on the list of winners with me. :) Your page is so sunny and fun--it puts me in the mood for summer.

    ReplyDelete