This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 15 November 2012

The Faces of You - Scrap Africa Challenge #11

Hi Everyone

There is a super new challenge at Scrap Africa here and is about creating a project with Chevrons.
Chevrons are really "in" at the moment and I really do like using them, especially for boy pages.

So yes, for this challenge I created a boy page for my boy! ;-)

Here is the layout.


I used Crate Papers and accents, Design Worx cogs and Basic Grey Alpha stickers.  I had a small funnel which I dipped in paint to make the circles on the background and then also used a 7 Gypsies chevron stamp to do the stamping.  The washi tape is Indie Chic MME.

I have loved breaking out of my usual style and trying different things and I absolutely love how this layout came together and the end result.

Here are some close-ups. I did not think that I had to do journalling, as the title and the photo's just tell the story.




Well I hope that you will join us over at Scrap Africa for this chevron challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!
Denise x

4 comments:

  1. such a cool LO, Denise! so many interesting little things to look at and all the tiny bits compliment the adorable photos of you boy so nicely! i love the circle paint print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never done chevron's so looking forwards to this challenge!! Better get myself into gear :-)
    Your layout is spectacular, and I love the way you haven't added a title, as you said, the layout/images/words tell the tale. What a handsome fellow in the photographs, and he's adorable little 'faces'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page Denise! Loving those cogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise,
    I linked again.
    Could you tell me if it's better now?
    I hava some problems working with blog, i'm new user.
    Tks,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete