This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 16 December 2013

Favourite Time December - OUAS Dec Challenge

Hello Everyone

I am so pleased that today is a public holiday and hubby is at home, so we are all just chilling and it's a beautiful summers day.

I have a page to share with you today for the Dec OUAS challenge. Here is the sketch.
Journalling Theme: "My favorite month"


So here is my take on it.


The title of the page is Favourite Time December and is really my most favourite month! Behind the photo to the right you will see a little card peeking out and that is where my journalling is.  It's a "Treasure" card and says: I love the month of December as it is then summer, with beautiful, hot summery days! I always take some leave and spend time with Joe! We go on little excursions and this was out trip to the Bunny Park last week.  There is nothing better than relaxing days and time spent together! It's a festive month and everything we do is celebratory, even if just celebrating good weather!


I went with a grungy look to compliment the photo and used various bits and pieces to bring it together.


I coloured and embossed the cogs so that they look rusty and old! The metal accents were also coloured with inks so that they also have an old feel to them.



Materials used:
Kaisercraft papers and journalling card
Fancy Pants Designs corrugated board and stickers
Enmarc chipboard cogs and chicken wire
Prima stencil

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super Monday!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful! Love all the bits and pieces and your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely layout filled with the sights if summer. How wonderful to be able to spend time with Joe...love all the texture and vivid colour. Love that photo. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month... Please also load your layout on our OUAS FB page...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge Denise and I love the whole rustic theme to your layout. Awesome details my friend. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky little boy to have his Mummy giving him the gift of time and her attention. Love the grungy look of the page with the rusted cogs and the brick work. Our little boys would love that tractor :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the grungy texture. Such a gorgeous masculine page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, what a fabulous, masculine guy page!! Love the rusty gears and thanks for sharing your journaling!! Thanks for joining us for the December Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brill boy page Denise! can almost feel the smell of that tractor, your page is oozing with cool detailwork! Thank you so much for sharing your fave month with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete