This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 26 December 2013

Tis the Season to be Jolly - CSI Case File no.103

Hello Everyone

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you had a super, fun and festive day yesterday!

We had a lovely day with family yesterday, even though it was very quiet and it was a cool and rainy day!

I have a page that I have finished for the CSI Case File no. 103.



I used the fun and festive BoBunny Elf Magic Collection, which was perfect for this challenge.


Evidence:Stars, Circles, Horizontal Lines
Testimony: Journalling/Title with "Season"

I absolutely love this time of year! It means family, festivities, fun and just being absolutely jolly! ;-)

These fun photo's were taken at Renaissance Village at the Christmas house! Joe and I put on Christmas hats and Johann was joking and making us laugh for the camera. As you can see I was just saying "cheese" and Joe was really trying to keep his antlers on the top of his head, because they kept slipping off! ;-)

My journalling tag behind our photo says:
For me, the festive season is about spending time with my family. On 20 Dec we went to see the Christmas house at Aunty Steph's Renaissance Village. It was absolutely amazing to see all the lights and Christmas goodies. We took fun photo's, had lots of laughs and were absolutely jolly! It was so fun and good to enjoy this time together!



I did some gesso stencilling, which was a little smudgy, the different paper layers were making the stencilling difficult.  In the end, I don't think it matters too much, it all adds to this page.  I was just a little disappointed that the some of the gesso went a little pink on the red papers.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your festive season!
My blessings and best wishes to you all!
Denise x

9 comments:

  1. Seasons Greetings to you. A lovely layout. I really like your layers and your greens and reds are super. The gesso looks great and is something i plan on trying in the New Year.The flower leaves and flour's look stunning as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun page in the traditional Christmas colours. The gesso looks white on my screen Denise. Love the background paper and such a gorgeous photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is AMAZING AND TOTALLY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Denise!! I must admit I love the traditional Christmas colours and this page just speaks to me of Christmas fun and happiness. Love the layers and the gesso looks great!! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, I'm sopleased you came for a visit. Love your work!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just sooooooooooooo sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is absolutely beautiful page, Denise! the photo of you 2 with funny hats on is so adorable! ♥ and you did such a great job here with all the layering and all the little details! if you wouldn't mentioned I wouldn't notice that something went wrong but even after you pointed out things you are not very happy about, I still think that everything here looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun layout Denise! Love all the sweet details and precious photo! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this is fab! Love the diagonal arrangement and that red is so festive against your sweet photo! Hope you had a lovely christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Diagonal design is my firm favourite & yours looks fab! Glad to hear you had a great Christmas & Happy New Year to you. May 2014 bring you all you desire that is good for you!

    ReplyDelete